SS2A04-28SN (208-230V, 50/60Hz, 04-28 FLA)
The Sure-Start 3 phase soft starter connects between the contactor and the motor. It reduces the starting current and offers a controlled start to limit the damaging start-up and noise in a three phase motor compressor. They are also designed to offer reverse phase protection for motors.
The Sure-Start 3 phase soft starter is also designed to learn the motor characteristics of the load. After a few starts, it will have automatically adjusted itself to the load and the electrical supply impedance at the site. Our soft starter is designed to function as an auto-start device. Our range of models do not require any auxiliary control input. This makes them much easier to install and are readily compatable with different installations. Contact us if you're interested in purchasing our products or need more information.
Sure-Start soft starters are ETL, CE and RoHS compliant.
Features & Benefits
- Reduces locked rotor amperage (LRA)/inrush current by up to 40% at startup
- Reduces Start-up Torque by up to 70% to the motor
- Voltage protection from brownout and intermittant power failures
- Automatic optimization of motor current
- Reduces light flicker
- Extends life by reducing stress and heating of compressor/motor
- Allows systems to meet certain utility requirements
- Auto-Start on power up with no requirement for auxiliary control power
- Easy installation with minimal wiring required
Motor Protection Functions
- Low voltage / high voltage shutdown
- Provides phase reversal protection
- Delay function limits number of motor starts per hour
- Internal timing prevents rapid cycling faults
- Provides brownout protection
- Prevents fatigue failure of motor bearings, piping and motor foundation structure